Most Mac users are often concerned about the security of their expensive device. And with the statistics showing a whopping number, 53 laptops stolen every second, the word “Apple Picking” flashes in our mind. According to the FBI, 97% of them are never recovered.
Apple’s solution to this problem is the “Find My Mac” service. The location tracking feature activates only if you have enabled Mac’s location services. The advantage is that users may be able to lock and delete the content of their device remotely.
Things get worse when your family member or a deceitful work colleague attempts to use your Mac without your knowledge. Even if you have a password set up so that no one can access your PC, How will you know if someone turns it on??
Blink is the latest app that will notify you on your phone when your Mac wakes up or goes to sleep. Blink was created at Europe’s hackathon (Largest programming competition) in Zurich, Switzerland.
How Does it work?
First, you need to purchase the Blink app for the device you need to send the alert to iPhone, iPad or even on Apple Watch. This software costs $1.99 which is available on iOS App stores.
Next, you need to pair Blink app on your iPhone and Mac through Bluetooth. After pairing, you don’t need to keep Bluetooth ON or be in range. Once the pairing is done, you’ll automatically receive notification whenever your Mac wakes up or goes to sleep.
How to Sync your Mac and iPhone
- Go to the Apple App and Install the app called Blink – be notified when your computer wakes or sleeps.
- Once installed, open the app.
- When the app is running, look to the left of the Wi-Fi symbol at the top of the screen and you will see Blink. Move your cursor over it and you will see many options.
- Now make sure both your Mac and iPhone have Bluetooth enabled and click find a device.
- Once both devices are paired you are ready to receive notification.
What’s new with Apple’s latest update: read here
A tech geek who wants to own and write about the coolest gadgets