This year’s TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2016 has come to an end. Out of the 22 contestants, only 6 could reach the finals and there must be one winner, only one. Beam, a startup specializes in interactive gaming, won the contest and claimed a price money of $50,000.
All the 6 finalists of the contest deserve the mention. WaterO a Los-Angeles base startup, which chosen as the runner-up of the tournament deserves a special one. In one word, we can name it as the next-gen water purifier, thanks to underlying reverse osmosis process, that standardizes water purification process.
— TechCrunch (@TechCrunch) May 11, 2016
WaterO purifier has a tabletop structure. Its unfiltered water tank can hold up to 3 liters of water. The device’s process is like this; water is allowed to pass through a membrane, leaving heavy particles behind including Chlorine.
If you think social commitment should be a key driving force for a firm, WaterO has lots to offer- by bringing clean water to families.
Its key features are:
- WaterO is supposed to filter particles over 5000 times smaller than a normal bacterium.
- It is supposed to save around 60% of the overall water consumption in families.
- After 3 filtering stages, the device enters a recycling mode to reduce water wastage.
- Heavy metals such as Lead, Mercury, Arsenic will be filtered effectively.
- Requires zero installation.
- Produces 267% results as compared to other reverse osmosis water purifier systems.
- The price of the hardware is $399 and it gives 2 years limited warranty.
Apart from all these, the system can be connected to an app to get updated information on the filters of the device. This app analyzes water purity levels closely and gives reports on water contamination. It’ll also help to track the amount of water a user consumed in each day.
Featured Image credits: TechCrunch.com
A tech geek who wants to own and write about the coolest gadgets